NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Seeking information on Uppåkra in Southern Sweden

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Seeking information on Uppåkra in Southern Sweden
Skrivet av: George Lind skrivet 2021-09-25, 19:42
Thank you for your reply.  My great grandfather was born Olof Jonsson in Hurfva 27 March 1862.  His family moved to Hammarlunda 13 November 1865.   He changed his last name to Lindquist around 1884.  He was always listed as Olof Jonsson Lindquist.  He left for Copenhagen 
23 October 1884.  He is listed as a tailor at that point.   He married  as Swedish woman from Holmby in 1885.  My grandfather and his sister were born in Copenhagen and they moved to Uppåkra 17 July 1891. 
My great grandfather abandoned the family and made his way out to Southern California in 1907.  He is listed in the "book of missing persons", so he did not inform the parish that he was leaving.  On the ships manifest he is listed as Olof Jonsson and single.
My grandfather left for Southern California in 1911 and a few months later his younger brother followed.  My great grandmother and my grandfathers 2 sisters and another brother all stayed in Sweden.  When Olof left he had a 2 year old daughter.  My grandfather told my father that Olof had abandoned the family.  It is difficult now to know what exactly happened.  My grandfather and his brother both went to Southern California and became tailors but my father never knew his grandfather.   
Hope this is enough info.
George