NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Need help with soldier information on early 1700's tax records at Vänneböke Södergård, Hinneryd

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Need help with soldier information on early 1700's tax records at Vänneböke Södergård, Hinneryd
Skrivet av: Klas Wallén skrivet 2021-09-09, 17:42
Hi Vicki!

Well then he must have been a soldier in the femmänningsregement all the time. He is noted as 5-tling ktt in one of the pictures you posted.
The soldier I mentioned was the one found by Lennart Altin for you here under this topic.

The Smålands tre- and femmänningsregemente is noted on Hans Högmans site under nr 8. Under nr 9 you find the cavalry. The soldier Nils Svensson Hultman that Lennart gave you a link to was in the Smålands femmänningsregemente on foot.  But to confuse things there were also some femmänning- and tremännings-soldiers on horse too of what I understand, perhaps also in the infantry? I guess to be fully sure what kind of soldier Nils was (most likely foot soldier I would say) you will perhaps need to ask the Swedish War Archive. If you can give them the sourse with exact page they will not charge you much I think, but come to think of it once more he must have been a soldier on foot.

The Småland femmänningsregemente on foot had the sort of cloths I mention below and I do not think they participated in the campaigne against Norway in 1718, that was the tremänningsregemente I think. But by then Nils must have left the army.

Småland five men Regiment of Foot 1703-1719 Blue cassock with tin buttons Yellow lining/cuffs Yellow collar and Black tricorn hat with a blue braid (this according the book Uniforms of the Swedish army part II by Christian Braunstein)

Regards

Klas