NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Need help with soldier information on early 1700's tax records at Vänneböke Södergård, Hinneryd

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Need help with soldier information on early 1700's tax records at Vänneböke Södergård, Hinneryd
Skrivet av: Klas Wallén skrivet 2021-09-09, 13:31
Hi Victoria!

No one else seems to have given you the help you ask for so I will try and do my best though I am not fully sure about everything. I think you should take a picture of some of the words and ask questions about it under the topic "Läshjälp" and ask what it says. There are some very good readers there. I have not seen the kind of abbreviation my self and not the full word that many people in Hinneryd have before their names.

I can help you with some things, for example it says Vänaböökes sg (södergård) at:
Mantalslängder 1642-1820 Kronobergs län 1642-1820 (G) 46 (1704) Bild: 880 Sida: 2133, so it is the same place of what I understand. Oh I now saw that you had another link but there it says Vänaböket Södergård too :-) It must be the same place

Also it might be short for Ryttare as you think (marked in blue) but I am not fully sure there so ask that question under Läshjälp to be sure, if you will not see an explanation coming here after my post :-) See how short for Ryttare is written in a different way marked in green:
Also the full word before Erik (the man under Nils in the record) marked in yellow (also at the top of the document) must be some military thing because at the top it says vacant after the word. There are many such words in Hinneryd tax record. It is partly abbreviations so I am not sure there though I think it has something to do with horses/cavalry.

When it comes to the regiments in SMåland there was a SMåland cavalry regiment (later called K4) called Horsemen from Småland from 1684. The whole regiment was captured in 1709. They had horsemen from all around Småland. The link you got from Lennart is to the Smålands femmänningsregemente on foot, the infantry. But there were several other regiments with horsemen in Skåne, Uppland and Västergötland too, who all had some men from Småland. It was a chaotic time with a need of more men everytime the Swedes had lost. In the end so many Swedes (Finns included) died (over 200 000 soldiers) because of the Great Northern War. Bare in mind Sweden only had a population around 2-3 millions then (most likely closer to 2 millions).  I have written an article about Karl XII.s last campaign to Norway in 1718 but it is only in Swedish I am afraid. I have ancestors in Norway who got their homes destroyed and also ancestor(s) in the Swedish army invading in 1718.

If you want to know more about the Swedish Army in the past here is a link to wikipedia, but I think there must be more on Hans Högmans site. here is also a link to his main site in ENglish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Sweden
http://www.hhogman.se/swegen.htm

Good Luck

Klas