NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Jacob Hansson Lokren

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Jacob Hansson Lokren
Skrivet av: Els Vermij skrivet 2021-09-07, 21:49
Hej Birgit,
Thank you very much for your answer. This is very interesting indeed!
I hope you don’t mind my writing in English now. I am Dutch and I know some Swedish, but I am not sure I understand your answer correctly because of lacking knowledge of Swedish, and also all this is a bit to complicated for me to explain in Swedish!

What I understand from your answer that:
‘your’ Hans Jacobsson was born 1703, was salpetersjudare,  married June 1733 i Visby to Margareta Larsdotter
you found their son Jacob born 1 November 1735 in Visby and that this Jacob married Helena Olofsdotter,
and he also had another son Johannes, born 1745 i Lokrume (so Jacob and his wife must have moved to Lokrume).

Now all this looks very promising to me, and very much like ‘my’ Jacob Hansson Lokren, but there are a few differences between your Jakob and mine, so I have a few questions, which I hope you can answer. (I hope you don’t mind my asking them!).

1.  Your Hans Jacobsson is salpetersjudare in Visby (in 1733-1735?), whereas ‘my’ Hans Jacobsson is skolmästare, appointed in Lokrume around 1744 (where the previous school master died). Would you think this could  be a plausible carreer switch?
2. you write that Hans Jacobsson married (in Visby?) in 1733 Margareta Larsdotter, but in the marriage register of Visby I only found:
>1733-11-01  Salpetersjudare Hans Jacobsson Piga Greta Hansdotter< , so not Larsdotter.
Is this the marriage you are referring to? Do you regard the ‘Hansdotter’ as an error of some kind?
3  Did you actually find the birth (christening) date of Jacob in 1735? So you have access to this döpelse register?

And finally:
You write:   >Jacob död 1790 <
This was a ‘later’ Jacob, as the dödsregister says: sida 229, 3 april 1790 dödde coopvardie sjömannen Jacob Locren uti heftig feber blef sjuk for till sina föräldrar begrofs den 6, var fodder den 6 september 1767.
 ‘My’ Jacob Hansson died at sea in 1774 (I found the bouppteckning made up after his death). From what I found, Helena Olofsdotter Locren remarried, on 15 febr. 1781, with Lars Appelquist. Helena died in 1795 in Tingstäde.

Well, I look forward to your answers, as I really hope that ‘my’ Jacob Hansson Lokren is indeed the same as the one you found was born in Visby in 1735!
Med vänliga hälsningar,
Els Vermij
(You may also mail to me direct: els at vermij dot net .)