NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Need help with soldier information on early 1700's tax records at Vänneböke Södergård, Hinneryd

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Need help with soldier information on early 1700's tax records at Vänneböke Södergård, Hinneryd
Skrivet av: Klas Wallén skrivet 2021-08-30, 18:11
Hi Victoria!

I will see if I can find another link to a site with information about the männing-regements, but I think there must be a lot more on Hans Högmans site. It is one of the best sites when it comes to military activities.

You are right the son is listed as soldier with the name Nils Wänneberg (in the yellow circle).

Nils Svensson Hulltman (on other pages Hultman) was listed as siuk wich is the same as sjuk in modern Swedish and sick in English.

When it comes to the word before sold: (soldier) I think it says forlammad. Förlamad is the Swedish modern word for paralyzed. Perhaps he was wounded and to some extent or fully paralyzed, and therefor could not continue as a soldier? It may explain why just one person is listed for paying tax. But I think it is another expression for the soldiers status because so many soldiers and horsemen are listed as forlammad/förlämmad. They were very poor though as can be seen in the margin "utfattige".

I must also ask you why you thought your Nils was a horseman? If he was I do not think the Nils Svensson at nr 22 is the right one because he was in the infantry in the Smålands femmäningsregemente till fots (on foot) and seems to be a soldier not a horseman. On the next page 2046 you can see a Ryttare /Horseman Nils wife who is also förlämmad and very poor.
In Swedish we would say ryttare for the horseman and soldat for the soldier. If some one was a soldier on a sailing ship we would say båtsman.

Regards

Klas