NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Need help with soldier information on early 1700's tax records at Vänneböke Södergård, Hinneryd

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Need help with soldier information on early 1700's tax records at Vänneböke Södergård, Hinneryd
Skrivet av: Klas Wallén skrivet 2021-08-27, 00:44
Hi!

Nils was a ryttare / horseman as you suspected. I think he might have been in a so called femmännings regiment because it says 5tling and 5ling in the margin, but I am not fully sure. Some other "ryttare" is listed as 3ling or 5ling which strengthen my idea. I my self have an ancestor who was in such a regiment but he is not noted as 5tling or 3ling but femmänning, which makes me a little confused but I think it must mean the same.

In Sweden during the Great Nordic war they created some temporary infantry and cavalry regiments. If three "rotar" of farmers together payed for one of the soldiers in such regiment it was called tremänningsregemente and if five "rotar" of farmers payed for one additional soldier/horseman in such regiment it was called femmäningsregemente. Such Horsemen from Småland was probably first in the Skånska tremänninsregementet till häst but later came to join Upplands femmänningsregemente till häst around 1705. Perhaps your Nils can be found there?

Regards

Klas