NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Question about custom of visiting relatives to introduce the fiancé or fiancée

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Question about custom of visiting relatives to introduce the fiancé or fiancée
Skrivet av: Linda Johnson skrivet 2021-08-10, 06:25
Hi, Klas,
Thank you very much for replying to my question about the custom of visiting relatives to introduce the fiancé or fiancée to relatives. I'm sure you are correct that many newly married couples visited family members who were not able to attend their wedding after they were married. I do think I read somewhere that engaged couples also visited relatives before the wedding, but unfortunately I didn't realize at the time that what I was reading might be relevant to my husband's ancestors. The bride was born in Sweden but married in the United States. She and the groom lived in one city and traveled to another to visit her mother before the wedding, then traveled to another state to marry in the city where her brother lived. It was her second marriage, and she and the groom were both in their 40s, so traveling together before marriage might have been more acceptable than it would have been if she had been younger and not previously married. I hope someone on the forum may have more information about this sort of premarital visiting of relatives. Thanks again.

Best wishes,Linda Johnson