NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Johan Nordlander family in Gudmundrå

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Johan Nordlander family in Gudmundrå
Skrivet av: Lynette Case skrivet 2021-07-02, 04:12
I am trying to find information on all of Johan and Anna Brita’s children and their spouses here in the United States. All four of the children married fellow Swedish immigrants.

The immigration records for Helga Nordlander’s husband, Hugo Lundgren (no middle name on birth record, born April 8, 1892 in Östra Fahlmark in the Skellefteå Parish) are extremely confusing. I can’t locate him in the outgoing records or the summary population report. There is a notation for him in the Skellefteå household examination book (Band IX 1912-1926 household #150) that says he was non-existent on 12/31/1913 and also a notation about military training in 1913. However, according to his naturalization records, he arrived in Boston on May 6, 1913 (this has to be correct for the person to become a citizen). I found the ship manifest - but his brother’s name, Karl, appears on it. Also, both of the names Karl and Hugo are on the first draft of his naturalization record which was not common but many immigrants changed their name when arriving in the USA.
Did he complete his military training? Did he leave from a different town? For some reason, did he have to use his brother’s name when leaving Sweden. Also, I can’t decipher the first words of the non-existent notation which may give a clue.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Lynette Norlander Case