NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Jönköping

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Jönköping
Skrivet av: Jörgen Tollesson skrivet 2021-06-14, 01:14
I forgot that the borders here where the three counties Jönköping's län, Skaraborg's län and Älvsborg's län meet was a total mess back then...  :)

Also that part of Habo Parish where they lived was called Mobo and was a part of Bottnaryd Socken until 1880's. Bottnaryd was and is a part of Jönköpings Län so therefore he was later in life seen as from Jönköping I guess.

Well, it's not as simple as that I'm afraid...  :)

There are two kinds of parishes:

· Church parish, kyrkosocken in Swedish. The borders of this parish decide in which church records you find a farm or village.

· Fiscal parish (we might call it), jordebokssocken. The borders of this parish decide in which tax records you find a farm or village.

Normally the borders correspond, so a farm or village belongs to the same church and fiscal parish. But not always.

A small part of Habo church parish belonged before 1890 to Bottnaryd fiscal parish and Jönköping's län. But all the farms and villages you find in Habo church records belonged to Habo church parish, not Bottnaryd.

Bottnaryd on the other hand was divided between all three counties, Jönköping's län, Skaraborg's län and Älvsborg's län - but that's another story...  :)