NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Anders Olofsson

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Anders Olofsson
Skrivet av: Carol Kemp skrivet 2020-12-18, 18:31
Thank you so much.  I am sure that this is Anders Olofsson.  I looked at birth records for Hofva and there is only one Anders born on that day.  His brother, Johan, my great-grandfather also changed his name from Olofsson to Hagg.  However, he became a soldier so I can understand the name change in his case.  I don't know why Anders would change his name.  This practice makes it difficult to trace the family tree.  I believe that my 2nd great-grandfather on my mother's side must have changed his name also as I have looked for his parents for years now and cannot find them.  He was Petter Sjoholm but I don't see Sjoholms before him.  In any case, thanks again.  I'm not sure the sequence of Anders' moves as I have a "Moving Out" record for him from Langebro to Stockholm in 1840.  So I guess he moved there for work as a servant in someone's home???  I found the record you referenced in Harsosand, which is interesting as my mother came from that area; but Anders is related to me on my father's side and moved quite a distance for those times.  Thanks, Carol