NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Looking for suggestions on how to proceed my research

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Looking for suggestions on how to proceed my research
Skrivet av: Victoria Cihla skrivet 2020-12-12, 16:11
Hi Yvonne,

Thank you for your comments.  They are very helpful 

I have not been able to find anything on Per's brother Anders Larsson other than a death record for him so far.  I would have liked to find a marriage record and children for him, but have not been successful so far.  I've looked at the baptismal sponsors for them but haven't learned anything more from it, unfortunately. 

he Torpa estate inventory records begin in 1758 but I have done some checking.  Nothing yet, but I will check further on that. 

I've also done a little research on the two marriages, trying to see if I can find further information on the husbands. 

It seems very possible to me that a daughter of the previous farmer, Giermund, would be married to the next person to be taxed after Giermund at Miäla was no longer listed.  In that case, the marriage between Lars Månsson and Gunnil Giermundsdotter seems to be the most likely, but still leaves me wondering about the names which don't fit the naming pattern in what I can tell so far.  I'm going to redouble my efforts on Per's brother Anders to see if I can find a marriage record and any children.  The date of their marriage also makes sense.

It is possible that the Lars that is listed after Giermund in the tax record is Lars Månsson but I don't know that for certain.
It is very interesting that Lars Månsson shows up much later (with his full name) in the tax records.  It is also very interesting that it is noted that his wife is crippled.   

With this in mind, before I give up on furthering this particular family line, I am going to look further into Lars Månsson and also look into the 1727 marriage of Ingier Giermundsdotter to Pehr Nilsson listed in the tax records at one point.

Thank you very much for taking a look.  It helps to rule out one of the potential parents, so I can focus more on the other.  It may be that Giermund and his daughters are the key here.  We'll see.  :)

Maybe I'll even make an attempt at the court books - but don't hold your breath.   ;D

Thanks again.  Your help is always very much appreciated,

Vicki