NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Need help with words on 1727 tax record in Vrå

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Need help with words on 1727 tax record in Vrå
Skrivet av: Victoria Cihla skrivet 2020-09-07, 21:08
Yvonne,

Previously you wrote:

Citera
Sunnerbo dombok 1695

Jöns Ebbasson in Skogaryd (Annerstad) signed his will there 9th of May 1692 whereby he gave his daughter's son Jöns Jönsson in Wåkön all of his remaining property. His son in law, the customs official in Lund in Skåne county, is requesting inheritance after his father in law Jöns Ebbasson in Skogaryd on behalf of his late wife (Gunnil Jönsdotter) and her children. He is therefore requesting this from his brother in law Jöns Hansson in Wåkön. See
https://www.sunnerbo.nu/Sunnerbo-dombok-1695.s37

I looked at the attached link and this is what I think it is saying (and I may be way off here) but here goes:

In 1692 Jöns Ebbasson made a will giving all his remaining property in Våkön to his grandson Jöns Jönsson, the son of his daughter with husband Jöns Hansson.  In 1695, his daughter Gunnil's husband , the customs official in Lund, Skåne county, contested this will (on behalf of Gunnil who had previously died).  The customs official was appealing to his brother-in-law, Jöns Hansson, in order to receive an inheritance for Gunnil's children.  It looks like his case failed, the will was upheld.  ???

If any of that is correct, it seems that the Jöns Hansson was the Jöns living there from at least 1692 through 1695, probably longer (maybe up to 1699, the tax records fo 1696-1700 are missing).  They had children Hans and Gudmund with them.

The next available tax record is for 1701 and it looks like a different family lives there.  This fits with the another case you mentioned:

Citera
Joen Trottesson in Wåkön announced his purchase of 1/8 Wåkön 1699

In 1699 Joen Trottesson purchased this property.  (That would be Jön, correct?)

In 1701 the tax record (first available after this purchase) for Våkön, shows a Jon and wife (Jon Trottesson and wife) living there with a dr Gudmund - there is a note on this tax record that "he" is from Embo - not exactly sure who "he" is - maybe saying the Gudmund is an unrelated farmhand?

Let me know if any of this is correct!  :)

Thank you so much for your ongoing help,

Vicki