NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Need help with soldier name

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Need help with soldier name
Skrivet av: Victoria Cihla skrivet 2020-07-13, 21:07
I may have stated my question poorly.

I know where he was living, according to the tax records. Tor Nilsson is listed in the tax rolls as ryttare in (http://1748 in Forsa, Torpa) and from 1749 through 1752 in Norrtorpa Mellang, Torpa. He was not listed as ryttare in 1747 so he was enlisted for 5 years from 1749 through 1752.

However, his name is always listed using his patronymic name and I cannot find his name on the soldier register. 

There are no household records available for that time frame.  His son Per was born in 1750.  His son's birth record lists Tor's patronymic name.  I noticed that one of the baptismal witnesses is Johan Bergenfelt who was also listed as ryttare (his name right below Tor Nilson's name) on the 1750 tax record for Norrtorpa Mellang, Torpa.  There are a couple listings for Johan Bergenfelt (not for that exact time frame though) and neither are for Torpa (not that it had to be there).

My question is - are names missing from Centrala Soldatregistret?  There must be a record somewhere for him!   If so, knowing the timeframe of his service, would it be feasible to find his name by just looking through the GMR for those years for SUNNERBO or is there another option?  I know where he was living, but not were he was serving. 

May another possibility is he was in the same regiment as he was later?  Not sure how likely that might be.  I'm afraid I know very little about the military generally, especially at that time.  Was it common for soldier to serve for specific time frames, such as 5 years?  And then to re-enlist after a period of several years? 

I'm open for suggestions on how to research it.  This person I know is Tor Nilsson!  Thanks for any help with this,

Vicki Cihla