NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Need translation confirmation for marriage record and birth record

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Need translation confirmation for marriage record and birth record
Skrivet av: Victoria Cihla skrivet 2020-04-27, 01:59
A couple of follow up questions:

On the birth record for first child Pehr - the father is named as Klåckaren Lars Pehrsson Sundberg.  The only time I've seen an additional name (such as Sundberg) added to or replacing a patronymic name is when the person is a soldier.    I don't see any indication he is a soldier.  Could there be another reason?

Also, the only time i've seen the title of Klåckaren used is when he was living in Vrå parish.  This makes me think it was a position related to that parish.  Maybe a bell ringer, as you mentioned, would be more correct or maybe a clerk.  Would that have been a position he held in addition to farming? Would it have been a paid or skilled position?  Was it an appointment or how did one come by this title?  If it was significant enough to be mentioned on vital records, I'd like to understand the meaning of it.

I've attached the birth record again.

https://app.arkivdigital.se/volume/v29940?image=89
Vrå-G-C-1-1701-1823-Image-89-Page-167

If anyone else has anything more to add to help me better understand this record, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much,

Vicki Cihla