NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Help with estate inventory

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Help with estate inventory
Skrivet av: Kalle Birgersson skrivet 2020-04-13, 17:28
Kalle,

Can you confirm that Per Eriksson (PES), who is listed on the last page, is alive at the time of the inventory?  Or doesn't it mean that he was still living?

Thanks so much!

Vicki Cihla
Per Eriksson should be alive. You have this line in the first part of the inventory: "för den afledneas sonebarn uti Hijshult war deras förmyndare tilstädes, äfwen den afledneas doterbarn uti Wigåsa dräng Jon Pärsson  siälf myndig och och doteren Kiärstin Pärsdoter i Wigåsa gift och myndig."

It can be translated to "for the deads (Erik Nilssons) son-children in Hishult was their trustee present, also the deads daughter-children in Wigåsa, farmhand Jon Pärsson, him self "myndig" and the daughter Kärstin Pärsdotter, married and "myndig". (I don't know how to translate myndig, but they were old enough to not need any trustee)
I think that line explaines most of what you are confused about. The dead son, what ever his name was, lived in Hishult. The dead daughter lived in Wigåsa/Viggåsa. Per Eriksson was a common combination of names so not that suspect if two persons had the same.

The dead son should be Lars though, since his daughter's last name was Larsdotter?