NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Translation help

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Translation help
Skrivet av: Don Kaiser skrivet 2020-04-02, 23:22
I am not an expert, but as we have a summer house in Lycke I happen to know a little about the surroundings.
If you follow the farm where Mattis Jonasson lived in the Household examination rolls you can see that it is taken over by Hällaryd parish in the late 19:th century and turned into a home for the poor and retired (fattiggård).
On the map from 1915 that you have discussed earlier in this thread you can find the "Fattiggård" in the middle of Lycke.
This farm that disappeared in the middle of the last century was actually the last one in the original location of the village.
You have already discussed the map of Björkenäs and I do believe that Jonas Svensson and his father lived in the original village which I think is easiest to see on the map from 1811.
If Jonas moved from the farm about 1855 it is possible that the partitioning of Björkenäs in 1854 has something to do with it.
I saw your discussion about trees and Björkenäs actually has an old, big and beautiful ash tree that must have been growing there already when Jonas Svensson lived there.