NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Help with household exam records for Bengt Persson and Karin Nilsdotter

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Help with household exam records for Bengt Persson and Karin Nilsdotter
Skrivet av: Leif Lundkvist skrivet 2020-03-11, 02:41
Well, there is a Prästgård in Annerstad and that is much closer than Skatelöv, 50 km away. I read the words as "och Skatelöf??" but I am not sure of any of them, others are better on reading text than me, maybe someone can check, it is in Annerstad (G) AI:5 (1810-1812) Bild 102 / sid 179 (AID: v18252.b102.s179, NAD: SE/VALA/00015). I interpret it as he is working on two places, can be wrong. Do you have some other reason to connect him to Skatelöv?

However the family lived in a house without land to farm, a Backstuga, on someone else's land, in this case Marsjö Storegård, usually a house for someone that worked on that farm, but in this case he worked on someone else's farm, the Prästgård. Land to farm was for most of the population the only way to support a family, and there was not land enough to support the whole population causing a lot of starvation, a reason for most of the emigration. Today only 4% of the population grow food for a population 3-4 times bigger than the population at that time.