NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Translation help

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Translation help
Skrivet av: Don Kaiser skrivet 2020-02-24, 22:04
Dear Finn Fries,

I cannot thank you enough for the photo of Fattiggård (It certainly doesn't look so poor to me) and your tracing of the Olsson family farm to this place. 

Mattis Jonasson (1832-1852) married Martha Olasdotter (1833-1894) in 1851 and their son Sven Mattisson (Mattsson) was born on 4 Apr 1852.

Hällaryds kyrkoarkiv, Födelse- och dopböcker, SE/LLA/13167/C I/7 (1845-1861), bildid: C0057405_00076, sida 66.

I am in a bind because it appears that Sven's birthday got changed to 4 Jan 1852 sometime between his birth and the subsequent household examinations. This makes me wonder if he ever knew when his real birthday actually was. I also wonder if maybe his mother changed it for some personal reason. Note that Sven's father died 28 Nov 1852. This suggests that Mattis Jonasson was indeed the father of Sven because he was alive 9 months before Sven's birth. But if Sven's birthday becomes 4 Jan 1852, this means that Mattis could not be Sven's father because he was not alive 9 months before Sven's birth. Assuming Martha changed Sven's birthday (the new date appears even before she remarried), I'm thinking that for some reason Martha didn't want anyone to know that Mattis Jonasson was the father of her first child Sven Mattisson. But this really doesn't make sense because Sven's name always appears as Sven Mattisson, which literally means he was Mattis's son? Does anyone have any ideas about this curious mystery?

Finn Fries - Forgive me, but I still can't see how Martha Olasdotter and Mattis Jonasson necessarily farmed the same place in No. 36 Lycke that Martha's subsequent Olsson in-laws did and that eventually became Fattiggård. Maybe you can deduce this by the ordering of families in the household examinations?

Best regards,

Don