NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Translation help

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Translation help
Skrivet av: Don Kaiser skrivet 2020-02-13, 21:08
For a minute there Karin Gunnarsdotter I thought you were agreeing with yourself when you said, "I agree with KG."

Personally, I have no knowledge of Swedish culture, so I have no reason or ability to agree with either you or KG Hammarlund.

But I do tend to agree with myself all the time and I keep finding my relatives associated with this place called Binga No. 3 in numerous records from 1855 into the 20th century so I can only assume it was the place where they lived. Prior to 1855, they were associated with a place called No. 40 Björkenäs in Hällaryd Parish. In the back of my mind, I've sort of thought about these numbers as a way of naming parcels of land (lots) used primarily for farming. But this is likely because I just happen to know about William Penn's Nottingham Lots, which were parcels of land numbered 1-37 and used for farming in Pennsylvania and Maryland.

Maybe Carl Svensson didn't want his kids to have to go all the way to Edestad for school, so he offered to have a new school built on his own land.

I really appreciate all of your comments and insights.  It's really very interesting to me.