NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Two questions about translating and finding information in the Swedish Archives

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Two questions about translating and finding information in the Swedish Archives
Skrivet av: Hans Högman skrivet 2020-01-27, 15:01
Steve, 386 5/38 is a conscription enrollment number. “38” stands for the year of registration of the conscript, i.e. 1938. “5” is the Roll Keeping Area Code and stands for “Landskrona rullföringsområde” or Landskrona Roll Keeping Area [Landskrona draft board] which was a part of Malmöhus norra inskrivningsområde or Malmöhus North Enrollment Area. “”386” is his serial number in the roll.
 I found his draft card (stamkort) at ArkivDigital. Bertil Roth was born on 17 June 1918 in Helsingborg and was registered as a conscript at the age of 20, i.e. 1938.
 There is no information on the card regarding when he did his basic military training (värnpliktstjänstgöring) but it must have been the same year he was registered or the following year. However, he did two military refresher courses (repetitionsövning) in 1952 and 1953 according to his draft card.
Source: Södermanlands inskrivningsområde (Io 10), Inskrivningsområdesexpeditionen (D, U) D2a:60 (1937-1938) Bild 6810 (AID: v838955.b6810)

The American draft card is just a registration card while Swedish cards serve a dual purpose in that they also contain service data the American doesn't have.
According to Population of Sweden, a population index at ArkivDigital, he was married on 29 November 1941 to Ann Margret (nee Hallman). /Hans