NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Translation help

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Translation help
Skrivet av: Don Kaiser skrivet 2020-01-21, 00:20
I'm overwhelmed by the responses to my naive question and I very much appreciate the details you experts provided.

Now I know that Johanna Maria Rönnlund was born 20 Oct 1866 in Bergsbyn as an illegitimate child of the 18-year-old maid Hilda Gustava Rönnlund as recorded in an excerpt from the 1866 birth book for the Skellefteå parish in Västerbotten's second proxy, Härnösand diocese, Västerbotten County. This is fantastic!

I assume that Kristina Gunnarsdotter's post is an excerpt from a different record book - a christening book - whereas my original record is from the birth book. Ms. Gunnarsdotter says the witnesses are listed. Can someone please translate the christening record? Is the date and location of the christening known?

For the record, the maid Hilda Gustava Rönnlund eventually married my great grandfather Sven Jonasson Svensson Björklund from Björkenas before coming to America in 1893. (I think?)

Does anyone know what happened to Johanna Maria Rönnlund?  She was not on the boat with the rest of the family.