NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Help translating Swedish on back of photo postcard

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Help translating Swedish on back of photo postcard
Skrivet av: Bradley Bystrom skrivet 2019-10-29, 19:19

Greetings Sven!
I think you might be correct, and I am left speechless. Yes, Karl Gustaf Forssten (Forsten) is my great-grandfather. He immigrated to Ashland, Wisconsin and that is where my paternal grandmother and my father were born. My family visited his grave in Ashland, WI this past summer. I found a letter in with the postcard photo that appears to be written by the same hand. I know it gives the date of Jonas Forssten's death but I have not translated anything else from the letter. Reading over what you have said I think I can make out the names Olle and Olga on page 3 (see attached image). It looks like there was originally more to the letter but this is all that has survived. I am excited to hear if this confirms your thoughts on the matter.

I did not know that Karl made a previous trip to America before he finally settled here, nor the information on Britta Maria. I knew that Jonas had an Anna, Johannes, Britta Maria (1868-?) and a Karl Gustaf (my great-grandfather). So this is all news to me.

Let me know if this confirms your suspicions.

THANKS!