NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: 1746-1748 death of Georg Camitz

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: 1746-1748 death of Georg Camitz
Skrivet av: Luke Ronlund skrivet 2019-08-18, 10:41
Hi Niklas. Thank you VERY much for your thoughts and directions. I have been looking very hard at the Anders Camitz/Anders Brunman relationship for over 10 years now (including a 1st hand trip to Finland). To say that it is frustrating is an understatement!  :)

re: the Date of Birth for the soldier Anders BRUNMAN. On it's own, this is a point of contention and not as straight forward as might seem. The earliest record for Anders BRUNMAN (and his wife) provide different dates of birth to later records (for them both).  Strange that both he and his wife had different dates of birth in church records in earliest records (1740 & 1744 respectively) to that of later records (1746 & 1748 respectively). While the 1770 military record identifies his age as 24 1/4 (which as you have correctly calculated, places his DOB as 1746), the records of commune/residence for the same time clearly identify his year of birth as 1740 with his wife's as 1744.  This difference has had me perplexed and the reason I began searching very hard for any records to definitively place his actual Date of Birth which I also hoped with definitively identify his surname before joining the military. Were it not for the identification of Örebro as place of birth in the soldier record, I would have no direction at all. As an aside, the earliest record that I can find for Anders BRUNMAN in Ostrobothnia to date, is his 1768 intention to marry.