NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Maja Caisa Safgren Birth & Death Certificates

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Maja Caisa Safgren Birth & Death Certificates
Skrivet av: Staffan Bergh skrivet 2019-07-16, 20:14
Hi again ...

So, australian, not american, sorry for that ... :) Should have guessed from the times when you're active!

Here's an unsorted list of remarks I have after I've had a look at your stuff; but first let me say that I am no expert on the norwegian archives (not really on the swedish ones, either, but at least those are the ones I usually work in), and I see you have a very active thread @ Digitalarkivet (https://forum.arkivverket.no/topic/235561-palmstrom-family-search/), and those guys will be a lot better at that than me ...

I do think the Palmströms in Bohuslän, Älvsborg, Skaraborg and Värmland are a much better fit as ancestry for someone that went to Kristiansand in the late seventeen-hundreds. It looks like there are some loose ends in the tree, maybe one of them had a son?

I also think that the Johan Peter in Uppsala is a false track -- I really do think his father was an P. Almström, not a Palmström, and it's unlikely a "Bet", regardless of if he's a butler, or a lower official, would turn up as a carpenters apprentice 20 years later, clear across the country and into the next. Actually, Johan Peter himself is a better fit -- if he's a Palmström, and if we ignore the carpenters age at death; but we would need to follow him to Kristiansand! Not easy, given that the only thing we've seen of him is his birth record. Maybe he promply died, as happened altogether too often ...

I'll add a link to this thread in the one at DA, for the benefit of future genealogists.

mvh /staffan