NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Maja Caisa Safgren Birth & Death Certificates

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Maja Caisa Safgren Birth & Death Certificates
Skrivet av: Mark Peterson skrivet 2019-07-16, 11:56
Ok I will take time out and read what you wrote.
I really do appreciate all of your help, thx.

It’s just that my GGGrandfather Charles Peterson, came to Australia in 1856. In 1855 he married an Ellen Cavanagh in Troy, New York, USA. On his death certificate in Australia it says, born in Arendal, Norway in 1828. Their is no Charles Peterson that was born in Arendal, Norway in 1828/29. The only man born then was a Johan Carl Palmstrom, with parents Peter Andreas Palmstrom and Elizabeth Marie Larsdatter/ Thomasen. Peter Andreas Palmstrom’s father was a Johan Peter Palmstrom and his wife a Maria Catrine Pedersdatter / Staal / Stol.
——-
( We know that our ancestors originally came from Sweden and we know a Johan Peter Palmstrom was born in about 1763/4 in Sweden.

Here is the death and buried record for Johan Palmstrøm - he was a widower when he died, age 60: )

( Vest-Agder county, Kristiansand in Kristiansand, Parish register (official) no. A 9 (1821-1827), Deceased and buried 1824, Page 318
Permanent image ID: kb20070607360329
Quick link: https://www.digitalarkivet.no/kb20070607360329
Permanent image-link: http://urn.digitalarkivet.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20070607360329.jpg )

( Borgerruller for Kristiansand (a listing of persons who received citizenships in Kristiansand) page 206:

Johan Peter Palmstrom - Snekkermester, Swedish.
Got citizenship on the 19 December 1805 )

———-

The other thing is the Nobility family of Johan Mattson Lange had a Johan Carl Palmstrom leave Kragero, Norway in about 1854/55 and went to Australia VIA USA.

The missing link:
Anna Jonsdotter, (daughter of Johan Palmström and 'unknown woman').  Anna was born out of wedlock.
 She married Petter Eriksson.

1. Jonas Palmström, * About 1704, † 3 May 1760 in Stora Wrem, Bohuslän.

Jonas has probably taken the name Palmström around 1749 after his grandfather Johan (Jean) Palmström (1648-1705).

You can look it all up at www.palmstrom.net
———-
Our family has had a lot of the nobility family’s names throughout the years, such as; Anna Maria, Johan, Gustav, Peter, Carl, etc.

Their is absolutely NO records or certificates of that name in Australia, like Death, Marriage, Children’s baptisms or Christenings.

So I think, my Charles Peterson changed his name from Johan Carl Palmstrom, most likely when he arrived in the USA, because we found the ships passenger list from New York to Australia from 1856 with a C. Peterson and E. Peterson.

Thx Mark Peterson - Fetchitnow