NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Help reading a household exam

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Help reading a household exam
Skrivet av: Klas Wallén skrivet 2019-05-10, 15:57
Hi!

I am not sure about the whole text but when it comes to where Bengt Carlos is supposed to be born, I do not think it says Hedveda but instead Hestveda. There is a Hästveda in Hässleholm in Southern Sweden but no Bengt is born there 1838 08 27 but one 1838 12 27. (Hästveda CI/5 page 35)
For the text: First it says "försvarlig/ justifiable" and it is about how he reads. Then it says "gott uppförande/ good behavior" Then something I can not fully read but it ends with Gefle 5/3 55. Above it says "afmönstrad/ payed off (as a sailor)" and a year which is very difficult to see. First it looks like 195 something but it may be an eight so it can be 185? "in London". The whole text ends with "Betyg/certificate" and something  that might be stockh which is short for Stockholm, and the date 4/3 1879. At the right I think it says "rymd"which could be escaped. But I am not sure.

I hope someone who can read this kind of text well will help further. I just thought you should know that I do not think there is a Parish in Sweden with the name Hedveda or Hetveda and that I think it says Hestveda. Bengt came from Stockholm 1853-07-14 according page 24 but I could not find any Bengt Carlos coming from Stockholm that day in the moving in records. There came a seaman called Carl Gustaf Bengtsson from Stockholm 26/6 1853 (Gävle Trefaldighet BI/5 page 4) born in Karlshamn 1833-06-08 (Gävle Trefaldighet AI/14 b page 183). Perhaps you can read the moving in and out records and see if you can find him somewhere.

How come you think this Bengt Carlos is your ancestor? was your great great grandfather born the same year and day or is it because of the unusual name? I can say that Bengt Carlos is a very uncommon name in Sweden and I searched the register for the Swedish population between 1860-1947 and only found this one in Gävle. Because he was a sailor he might have gotten a very unusual name and Carlos is a form of Karl/Carl so perhaps he was called Bengt Carlsson before he became a sailor?

Regards and good luck

Klas