NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Locating a specific place/farm from Husförhör record

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Locating a specific place/farm from Husförhör record
Skrivet av: John Lehman skrivet 2019-04-11, 06:21
Thanks again, Lars.

Lars
Thank you again for the research.  You are so generous with your time.  And it means so much to me.

The family stories about Johannes Andersson and Britta Cajsa Svensdotter are that they settled in Marinette, WI a logging town on Lake Michigan with their children.  Johannes may have died fairly young in a drunken brawl although I have not confirmed that story and have found no records.  Britta Cajsa and the children changed their surname to Malmstadt, a very uncommon name in the United States. A story goes that she was a rough person who often kept a bottle of whiskey in her apron pocket. Another story goes that my grandmother(Amanda Malmstadt) as a 10-year-old child stuck her tongue out at her grandmother's(Britta Cajsa's) body at the funeral to show disrespect.

Only about 5 feet tall, the son Sven August became a successful businessman who had a dray or livery business hauling goods in Marinette.  He lived into his 90's. He was a violin player in a band and, like his father, a bit of a rogue with the ladies. Years ago I interviewed his oldest granddaughter who described him as a lively man-about-town who was very generous to children and grandchildren.

John