NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Locating a specific place/farm from Husförhör record

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Locating a specific place/farm from Husförhör record
Skrivet av: Laars Lövdahl skrivet 2019-04-10, 23:13
I attached a new  and improved satellite image collage, covering Djupdal and Mickelstorp.
I don't know how much you have studied the church records for Nor parish, especially the census records (Husförhörslängderna). Just for fun I checked around a little and found that the farm Mickelstorp as well might be of interest for you. Your great great grandfather's wife Britta Cajsa was born at that farm. Therefore I have marked that farm on the Bing satellite image from the historical map. In addition I added a layer of elevation shadows to give an impression of 3-d. Furthermore, I have given the GPS coordinates to all the buildings that belonged to the farms Mickelstorp and Djupdal. Hopefully you can find remaining ruins today. You can identify the places for the coordinates by the numbers to the right of the red marked places.
Johannes Andersson moves year 1852 from his home parish Hammarö to farm Bårum in Nor's parish. In Bårum he works as a farm hand a few months before he continues to the farm Mickelstorp.
At Mickelstorp he meets Britta Cajsa Svensdotter who is the daughter to the farm owner Sven Olsson. Johannes married Britta Cajsa  Feb. 5,  1854, and the year after that they moved together with their son Sven August (b. March 10, 1854) to the farm Malma.  There they stayed only a couple of years before Johannes moved, in year 1856, with his family to the farm Djupdal (or Djupedal as it was called at that time).  At the farm Djupdal the family stayed until 1871, when the whole family emigrated to America. The number of family members had now increased to 6 children.
It should be noted that Johannes probably was in trouble at the time he lived at MIckelstorp, because he had made another girl (Maria Jansdotter)  pregnant at the farm Malma. Maria gave birth to their son Emil in March 12, 1853, i.e. one year before Johannes married Britta Cajsa.
The farm Djupdal is not mentioned in the church records before year 1856. Possible, the farm had another name before it was changed to Djupdal. Djupdal seems to have been active until beginning of 1900s.
/Lars