NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: auDNA-Finska frälsesläkter

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: auDNA-Finska frälsesläkter
Skrivet av: Leif Tennare skrivet 2019-01-11, 23:50
Vad gäller seriösa rapporter räcker det oftast att läsa vilken databas och vilka metoder som använts samt vilka förutsättningar som gäller. Detta kombinerat med vad författarna skriver i diskussionsavsnitten räcker långt för att bilda sig en övergripande uppfattning om hur långt dessa har nått i sin forskning. De flesta forskare är tack och lov mycket ärliga i sina diskussioner...

Vad gäller PROPRES som omfattar totalt 2257 individer, så är jag väl förtrogen med den studien. Vad gäller denna så skriver författarna “A concern about our results is that the European individuals in the POPRES dataset were all sampled in either Lausanne or London.”

Ser man till Sveriges del i detta, så ingår vi i grupp N, vilken består av Danmark 1, Finland 1, Lettland 1, Norge 2, Sverige 10. Summa 15 individer i Lausanne eller London!

Under rubriken ’Future Directions skrivs följande:

“Our results show that patterns of recent identity by descent both provide evidence of ubiquitous shared common ancestry and hold the potential to shed considerable light on the complex history of Europe. However, these inferences also quickly run up against a fundamental limit to our ability to infer pairwise rates of recent common genetic ancestry. In order to make a fuller model of European history, we will need to make use of diverse sources of genomic information from large samples, including IBD segments and rare variants, and develop methods that can more fully utilize this information across more than pairs of populations. Another profound difficulty is that Europe—and indeed any large continental region—has such complex layers of history, through which ancestry has mixed so greatly, that attempts to connect genetic signals in extant individuals to particular historical events requires the corroboration of other sources of information from many disciplines. For example, the ability to isolate ancient autosomal DNA from individuals who lived during these time periods will help to overcome some of these profound difficulties.”

Som jag skrev i mitt inlägg, så tror jag att detta projekt har en viss potential, men att det krävs en större databas av erforderlig kvalitet för att nå önskat resultat.