NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Searching for records on Smithburg (or Smithburgh or Smithberger possibly)

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Searching for records on Smithburg (or Smithburgh or Smithberger possibly)
Skrivet av: Diane Smithburg skrivet 2018-11-24, 17:33
I just wanted to say thank you again for the documents with explanations of the information contained that you all provided. And all the answers and explanations to what must seem to you to be very simple questions. You allowed us to have a breakthrough in this family line!

Although I had searched with very broad limits before I had never been able to find the ship manifest for Peter and his family, but I was able to find it this week. They came on the Brig Minona which left from Göteburg (or  Götenburg or Gothenburg) and arrived in Boston, Massachusetts July 13, 1848. I have not had much luck with searches in the Sweden collection of Ancestry or Family Search sadly. I don't know if the documents or indexed information does not exist (as you said, the records at Horn had burned), or if my search criteria has not worked.

Arne: I did email the person that you gave me the email for who has done research on this line. I am interested in finding out a bit of information about the family prior to their emigration. Do you think he is my best line of inquiry to learn more? I am not sure what might be out there! Any guidance you can give me would be most appreciated!

Best regards,

Diane