NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Amanda Peterson, born November 18, 1872

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Amanda Peterson, born November 18, 1872
Skrivet av: JMKoch skrivet 2018-08-27, 03:15
Thank-you very much for the reply.  Can you find no female A. Peterson (or Persdotter, etc.) who emigrated from Sweden to the USA between 1883 and 1886?

My solitary plausible link is that an Amanda Peterson, aged 14 or 15 (rounded), a Swede, arrived in New York in June, 1885.  No USA records confirm her destination or names of parents.  I've looked repeatedly without result.  Swedish origin is the only consistent reference.  The USA documents all refer to Swedish origin. None name her parents.  The relevant census fields are left blank.  They confirm national origin, but no parental names.  Other Petersons (early settlers of Odebolt, Iowa) settled near her destination, and erected a home that survives as a museum (search: Odebolt, Peterson, pioneer, home), but familial linkage (for a name so common) is difficult.

Separately, in the Swedish history sub-forum, I posted a question about whether, as late as the 1880s, many Swedes were born, married, emigrated, or died without leaving any records whatever.  That would obviously impede research.

I recognize that an emigrant so young would leave few records anyway.  I merely hope to locate an origin in order to confirm the community and setting of my ancestry, and document this for my relatives.

I greatly appreciate any replies or guidance.