NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Help with translation of Household Exam

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Help with translation of Household Exam
Skrivet av: Bradley Bystrom skrivet 2018-06-30, 19:03
I think that this is the correct Anna Charlotta Peterson.

My grandmother told me that Anna and Henning (my great-grandfather) would often argue and that Henning would threaten to tell "the secret". They would then argue in Swedish and walk on opposite sides of the road. If this is "the secret" (a child born out of wedlock and left behind in Sweden), it would also explain why no one has been able to track down her parents in over a quarter-century. She was covering up her past and not wanting it to be found. Anna has been a great mystery in my family. Nothing is know about her other than what I have shared.

I have six Swedish great-grandparents and have been able to track them all down except for Anna Charlotta Peterson. I have looked at the birth records from every single parish in Sweden over the past 25 years looking to find her record of birth. This would explain why I could not find her anywhere. A Swedish relative who is into family history (no longer living) tried back in the early 1990's without success, so I am not the only one who has run into a brick wall. I doubt that there are any other Anna Charlotta Petersons born in Nov of 1870 who emigrated from Gothenburg to Minneapolis in 1889/1890. I think Anna just made up a story on her past because she did not want her past to be known.
Your thoughts?

I cannot thank you all enough for your help. My dear mother is now 85 and I may be finally able to share with her something about her grandmother.