NULL Skriv ut sidan - Illegitimate Grandmother born in Ragunda, Jamtland, Sweden

Anbytarforum

Titel: Illegitimate Grandmother born in Ragunda, Jamtland, Sweden
Skrivet av: Thomas Ricks Young skrivet 2018-04-07, 03:18
Hi everyone,

This is a bit embarrassing to ask these questions but here goes. My grandmother, Jenny Tyra Vetsera HERMANSDOTTER (1903-1976) was born to Marta Katarina HERMANSDOTTER (1858-1916). Both Jenny and her mother Marta were illegitimate. I have spent hundreds of hours studying my DNA matches (Ancestry, MyHeritage, and FTDNA) in an attempt to identify the missing fathers. I have two very strong candidates. For my grandmother Jenny it is Julius Emanuel EDHOLM (1876-1942) and for Marta it is Andrew Magnus NORDFORS (1832-1911). Julius was born and died in Ragunda and Andrew was born Naset, Mo, Gavleborg and died in Utah, USA. Jenny had a brother named Herman Alfred Emanuel EDHOLM (born 1894 in Ragunda). He immigrated to the USA but died at an early age of tuberculosis (family story). I cannot find his death record. His father was the above Julius Edholm. I believe this because family story is that Marta took Julius to Court to give her son Herman the EDHOLM surname and the Court ruled in favor of that. I live in Colorado, USA and have no idea how to find such Swedish records from Ragunda. Can anyone provide me with any documentation related to this issue?

I did not originally think that Jenny's father was Julius because Marta had other illegitimate children with other men. However, I have changed that view due to overwhelming DNA evidence pointing to Julius. Marta (1858), Jenny's mother was raised by a single mother and they lived in poverty. My understanding is that Marta had a criminal record for stealing. Her mother Marta Kajsa HERMANSDOTTER (1838-1918) was born in Nassjo, Langsele, Västernorrland and died in Ragunda. Her father was Herman Svan PERSSON (1801-) and her mother was Katarina NILSDOTTER (1779-1864). Marta (1838) had a number of children but was never married. Andrew Nordfors, who I believe was Marta's (1858) father, was a Mormon missionary who was not from the Ragunda area. He was excommunicated from the Mormon church and was later re-baptized. He married a women from Ragunda and immigrated to Utah, USA. I am a DNA match with approximately twenty individuals who trace their family trees to him and I am included in a Andrew Nordfors DNA Circle on Ancestry with approximately twelve others. Is there any records in Sweden that place Andrew in the Ragunda area besides his marriage record, such as census data? Any additional information that could help me understand this situation better would be much appreciated.