NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Per Persson Stålberg Family from Skog, Hudiksvalls kommun, Gävleborgs län, Sweden

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Per Persson Stålberg Family from Skog, Hudiksvalls kommun, Gävleborgs län, Sweden
Skrivet av: Erik Mouwitz skrivet 2018-03-29, 22:53
Hi Jordan!

Per Persson Ståhlberg does seem to be the only child of Per and Sigrid (at least the only one to survive beyond the age of a few days; children that died as babies were not recorded in the husförhörslängd, only in the birth and death records.)

Perhaps I have missunderstood you in some way, but Per and Kerstin seem to have at least three children (Kerstin, Per and Karin):  Skog AI:5 (1795-1802) Bild 113 (arkiv digital).
Karin died at a young age, Kerstin went on to marry the church warden Mickel Olsson (Hanebo tingslags häradsrätt FII:12b (1830-1831) Bild 231 / sid 197).

Naming the eldest son after the father (or grandfather; doesn't matter in this case  :) ) was not at all unusual in Sweden at the time. I have several instances of this going on for 3 or even 4 generations in my family tree.

Do you now whether Kerstin was from another parish? By tradition, the marriage usually took place in the parish were the woman lived, so if she is from another parish, you will probably find the marriage record there.

/Erik