NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Palack surname

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Palack surname
Skrivet av: Klas Wallén skrivet 2018-03-03, 12:28
Yes he can be found  in what is called "Finntorpet". Perhaps he came from Finland? I googled the name Pållack and found some people in Finland during the 18 th Century with that name. But Christina Johansson writes abow that he was a Soldier so perhaps he was not originally from Finland? Perhaps you should ask more questions about him under the name Pållack or under the Parish Grinstad, and see if there are som people there who know more about it. He seems to have been married Before because he had some Children when he married Kerstin. Kerstin is noted in the household examination (Grinstad A I/10 sid 61) to have died in 1804.

I had a look at the Millitary records and found him in Generalmönsterrullorna for Västgöta-Dals regemente, 1775-1785, page 207, in Soldier croft nr 56 and he was not from Finland he was a "local boy". He was called Anders Larsson Pållack and was 5 foot 10 long, which in Sweden during that time was approx as much as 5 foot 8 in USA today. He was noted as born in Dahl (Dalsland), married, 47 years old (in 1778) and 20 years as a Soldier (in 1778). Bare in minde that the millitary records often are wrong when it comes to the age of the Soldier. I Think that "born  in 1726" in the household examination is more reliable than 47 year in 1778. It is likely that he participated in Swedens war in Northern Germany during the 1760's, the so called 7 years war (1756-1763).

Regards Klas