NULL Skriv ut sidan - Per Persson Stålberg Family from Skog, Hudiksvalls kommun, Gävleborgs län, Sweden

Anbytarforum

Titel: Per Persson Stålberg Family from Skog, Hudiksvalls kommun, Gävleborgs län, Sweden
Skrivet av: Jordan Thompson skrivet 2018-03-02, 19:15
Hello!

I am trying to find information regarding Per Person & his wife Sigrid Andersdotter and their family from Skog, Hudiksvalls kommun, Gävleborgs län, Sweden. Per was born (According to family records) 17 October 1795 in Norrbo, Skog, Hudiksvalls kommun, Gävleborgs län, Sweden. Per's wife Sigrid was born (According to family records) 31 August 1786 in Gullgruva, Skog, Hudiksvalls kommun, Gävleborgs län, Sweden. We know they had 5 children for sure, but only have the name of one of them. His name was also Per Person but he also took on the name of Stålberg. Family lore states Per Persson did some work for the King of Sweden, and in return was given the surname of Stålberg. Per & Sigrid's son Per was born 10 July 1823 in Skog, Hudiksvalls kommun, Gävleborgs län, Sweden. He married in about 1848 likely in Skog, Hudiksvalls kommun, Gävleborgs län, Sweden as well to Kerstin Jonsdotter. Kerstin was born 3 May 1822 in Skog, Hudiksvalls kommun, Gävleborgs län, Sweden. There are emigration records from 13 June 1853 of Per Stålberg coming from Skog to America. 3 years later in 1886 he went back to Skog, and remained there until 19 November 1870 when he returned to America from Skog. I am assuming that he brought his wife and children with him at this time. Per Stålberg and his wife Kerstin had 3 children together (that we know of). The 3 children were all born in Skog. Their first son was Per Persson Stålberg (This would make the 3rd Per) He was born 07 December 1848. their next child was Jonas Persson Stålberg, he was born 10 November 1852. The third child was Lars Michael Persson Stålberg, he was born 13 August 1859. The family settled down in the Fish Lake, Chicago, MN region. Per & Kerstin "Christina" first son Per "Peter" became a Judge, and their third son Lars "Louis" became a Reverend. If there is anyone who can help me find out any information on the family pre emigration that would be great. I have not been able to locate their ship manifests of arrival in the U.S. either. Any help is greatly appreciated!

- Jordan