NULL Skriv ut sidan - Tjärby

Anbytarforum

Titel: Tjärby
Skrivet av: Wade Anderson skrivet 2015-03-04, 21:46
Greetings Lasse!
This is tremendous. I will be going over this info from you for a 'month of Sundays'. I imagine there might be a few questions yet that we might run into, but you have covered more ground than we ever could have anticipated, much less hoped for. And you are also right - we are generally aware of many Benson family members, along with the extended Johnson family. These immigrants were very active in the Benton Lutheran Church, of Crooks, Minnehaha county, South Dakota. Many of their burials may be seen at the Benton Lutheran Cemetery, via Find A Grave:

www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&GScid=2187726&CRid=2187726&pt=Benton%2 0Lutheran%20Cemetery&

One person not buried, far as we know yet, at Benton is Jöns Petter Jonasson, born 1854-06-25 in Eldsberga, but there are many others at this cemetery of interest. Jöns Petter came to use the name of James P. Johnson (why or if it is fairly common for a Jöns to take on the first name of 'James' is unknown to me). We have not found James' death or burial information yet, but he is one of the many individuals we can work on now with much greater confidence and background, all thanks to you, and the others here who have helped so much. It will take me quite awhile, as I indicated, to properly incorporate and think through this wonderful information, but for now, all I can say is how very much it is appreciated!

mvh/Wade