NULL Skriv ut sidan - Origin of DAHLBERG surname for Niklas Andersson in 1865

Anbytarforum

Titel: Origin of DAHLBERG surname for Niklas Andersson in 1865
Skrivet av: Nedra Gallagher skrivet 2017-09-09, 00:57
I am trying to determine where my grandfather’s surname “Dahlberg” originated.
My grandfather:  Frans Oscar Dahlberg, was born in Vane-Ryr, Älvsborg, in 1879.  His father was Niklas Andersson [Dahlberg], born 1831, Lane-Ryr, Göteborgs och Bohus, Sverige.  There are several Niklas’s listed in this birth record book for 1831, and one born on June 1 is the date that another (fairly trusted) individual says is verified with a family Bible entry.  In Vane-Ryr, Alvsborg, Andersson Niklas (born 1 June 1831) marries Anna Stina Hansdotter { daughter of Hans Bryngelson}, who was born in 1840.  Their first child, a girl, Maria Charlotta, is born Jan, 1861 and dies Feb. 1861.  Parents’ names on records are Andersson Niklas and Anna Stina Hansdotter.  The same is found on the birth record of second son, Karl Johan, born 5 Feb, 1863,.  Then, for the third child, a son, Anders Gustaf, born 30 Aug 1865, father is now listed as Dahlberg, Niklas Andersson, mother is Anna Stina Hansdotter.  The birth records of all additional children (eight more) and household examinations after 1865 list his name as Dahlberg, Niklas Anders, (or Andersson).
My question:  Is there any way to determine WHY he decided upon this name, at this time (somewhere between 1863 and 30 Aug. 1865)?  Are there any documents that would “establish” this as his legal name? It must have had some legal or cultural significance, because all of his surviving children kept it.  Could it be connected to property ownership?  Where might I look for such information?  My great-grandmother’s (Anna Stina) death record lists her as “farm owner,” and by this point she has also taken the name Dahlberg.  Niklas died in 1899, and his wife lived until 1930.  As far as I can tell, all but their eldest daughter immigrated to the United States (although I haven’t done a complete fact-check on travel/immigration records for all of my grandfather’s siblings!)
Lucky for me that Frans Oscar Dahlberg immigrated, however, and if anyone could help me with information on the Dahlberg name, I would be delighted.
High regards, Nedra Gallagher