NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Information about Lars Gullin and Katarina Bolander in Visby

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Information about Lars Gullin and Katarina Bolander in Visby
Skrivet av: Corina Stroosnijder skrivet 2017-07-30, 11:34
Good morning Erik, thank you for your reply. Very kind of you!

The information that I have, I took from websites on internet like Myheritage and others.

The only thing I know for sure (because I have the marriage certificate) is what Pieter Larsen Gulien (that's the way the clerk wrote his name in the papers) told in Amsterdam:

On the day of his marriage, 26.09.1832, with the 20 year old Henderika Hacke, he said he was a sailmaker, living in Amsterdam and 42 years old. Born in Visby Swargat (?) Sweden. His parents had both already died. His fathers name was Lars Gulien (Gullin?) and his mothers name was Katarina Boelander (Bolander?).

Because in that time the ordinairy people could not write, you had to depent on the way the clerk wrote down your information. Difficult if the name is unfamiliair and therefore perhaps completely wrong written. Like that 'Swargat'. I tried to find out by the map of Sweden what that could be but with no luck.

I don't think I will find the right information about the parents of Peter Larsen but to know that my husbands roots started in Sweden is a nice fact to know :). We come to visit your country soon.

Thank you for your help anyway and kind regards from the Netherlands,
Corina