NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Information on Jonas Johnson, born 1833 in Jonkoping vastra

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Information on Jonas Johnson, born 1833 in Jonkoping vastra
Skrivet av: Klas Wallén skrivet 2017-06-11, 20:31
I guess you can buy the CD from Jönköpingsbygdens Genealogiska Förening/ the Genealogical Society of Jönköping County. I am a member myself but do not live in the City of Jönköping (I do live in Jönköping County though) so I do not participate in their meetings. My father was born in Jönköping and his mother was born in Gränna, a town North of Jönköping, so I have a lot of ancestors in Jönköping County.
Here is a link to the website in Englsih and you can see for yourself. I Think you can e-mail them and ask how to buy the CD.

http://jbgf.se/engindex.htm

When it comes to soldiers I have plenty of them myself (I actually have one on my mothers fathers side from Lyrestad Parish, not far from Hova) and they often have short names as you said. They were given their soldier names by the army/navy, sometimes to describe their character or sometimes to be similar to the name of the croft they lived in. Sometimes you can almost think it was a joke.

I had a look at the records for Sara Lisa Svensdotter. You can find her on page 167 upper left in Tofteryd CI/2 (birth record for 1744-1780). They can also be found in AI/7 page 90.

When you have so many Swedish ancestors, ArkivDIgital or Svar would probably be very useful for you, as the CD from Jönköping. I have relatives in South Dakota and Iowa but have never met them. I also Think I have a lot more relatives in North America but I have not traced them yet.

Klas