NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Information on Jonas Johnson, born 1833 in Jonkoping vastra

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Information on Jonas Johnson, born 1833 in Jonkoping vastra
Skrivet av: Klas Wallén skrivet 2017-06-11, 12:50
You are welcome!

It is quite easy for me to help you with this because I have a cd with a lot of Church records from the Jönköping County area. So I take a look there first finding the persons and then I search in the Swedish National Archive online material to find the original source and also the Household books. For example I searched Erik Gustav Håkansson and Sara Lisa Svensdotter and found out that they were married in another Parish called Tofteryd, the third of August 1806. She was a piga (female helping hand/rural laborer at a farm or unmarried woman) from Södra torp in Tofteryd and he was a volontär (volunteer to be a Soldier). She was born in Södra torp (a croft) under Frostås farm in Tofteryd April 1774 with the parents Sven Knutsson and Kajsa Nilsdotter.

As you said, it is difficult with the names when you search your ancestors in Sweden and not as in UK where a familly name can be traced back in many generations. It is important to find sources  that can confirm that your ancestors really are the ones you first Think (or someone else claim). But in Sweden we have good opportunities to find most of our lines, not only the straight father line. Fortunately we have not only the Church books but also the Households books (actually Husförhör is a Catechetical hearing), taxation rolls, estate inventories and judgment books online on ArkivDigital and/or the National Archive. The Household books can often give us the birth year and birth Place and because of so many original sources available online we can reach early 18 th Century late 17 th in most of our lines.

I can recommend you to get either ArkivDigital or Svar(Swedish National Archive). I have used them both.

Good Luck!