NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Le Compte / Kunt / Kundt

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Le Compte / Kunt / Kundt
Skrivet av: Elisabeth Ek skrivet 2016-12-13, 12:16
Mest för min egen skull gjorde jag en bearbetning av den intressanta texten som Ursula bidrog med ovan för många år sedan. Jag tror att hon inte längre följer Anbytarforum eller denna diskussion. För att försöka förstå innehållet bättre skrev jag om den efter bästa förmåga, men kanske är det en del missförstånd här och där. Om någon vill använda den som ett komplement, var så god!  :)

“I was looking for my ancestors De Besche/Radou, and found this notice about Le Compte/Kunth, my husband’s ancestor. It’s a family who was also in Mannheim and descendents live today in Plankstadt, Germany with the name Gund. Pierre le Compte was in Mannheim-Friesenheim – now Ludwigshafen am Rhein. Also Jaques le Conte* born in France 1620, who takes the name Gund ca 1668. This is a family with a documented history.

The family name changed from Le Conte to Lecompte, Lecomte, Le Gont (as my husband’s name), there’s also a Plankstadt ancestor named Jakob Gont, Conth, Konnt, Gunth and Gund) who remained in our region, some went to America as Gund. In Mannheim, Ludwigshafen, Friesenheim, Frankenthal, Friedrichsdorf the name was kept as Le Conte/Le Compte or Leconte/Lecomte. In Speyer and that area, one called himself Kunth and was a catholic. The family members that emigrated to Holland and to the USA (via England) call themselves De Graff/De Groff. Background for this migration is among other things the constant quest by the French troops. Finally, one lived in the borderland.

A non-documented family legend:

Gund family members told their children that they were descendants from the house Conde of France. 3 brothers/princes fled after the Bartholomew night from their castle in Lyon with a loss of their title and fortune. They carried on trade upon arrival in Spain and Italy with their own ships, in order to become residents after negotiation with cure princes of the Palatine in Churpalatine. One became a part of a big agricultural family, the second was a hunter in Bruehl, the third settled into the proximity of Frankfurt/Hessen. Recommendation letters in French and Italian were kept in an ironbound crate in the stable emblazoned with Bourbon lilies together with another one carrying the family coat of arms. Both fell victim to the second world war bombs.

During the 30-year-old war and Louis XIV's imprisonment during the following wars 1688-1697 many documents stored in the Kurpfalz were destroyed. In WWII the remaining papers/books were put in other archives. There are still records of the 2 coat of arms, and there is another in Avignon. In 1870, the Jakob Gund family had to flee, which at that time was operating a beer brewery in Avignon.”

Links to background articles:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_Palatinate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years%27_War.