NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 28 oktober, 2009

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 28 oktober, 2009
Skrivet av: Tobias Johnsson Wass skrivet 2008-02-28, 18:38
Thank you for the information on the origins of CF Isberg! This is interesting since it turned out that a now deceased friend and neighbor to my grandparents in Harplinge was the greatgranddaughter to CF Isberg and Ingeborg Spångberg (via Carl Ludvig Isberg 1838-1891 and Ernst Malkolm Isberg 1882-1967). Ingeborg Spångberg, in turn, was the second cousin (syssling) to Bengta Andersdotter (1791-1859 in parish Enslöv), which is my ancestor. Our friend was liked singing a lot, and that fits properly with the Spångberg organist (klockare) roots!

The family of CF Isberg is found at Steninge (a larger farm/small manor) in Kvibille parish from 1831/1834 to 1869 when he and Carl Ludvig moves to Slättåkra. Ingeborg Spångberg died i 1863. Henrik Peter Isberg moved to Snöstorp in 1868, Otto Wilhelm (b 1840) to Falkenberg in 1862 and Emma Augusta (b 1842) to Grimeton (uncertain reading) in 1869.

I've found two more children: Ingri Christina (13/7 1832-ca 1842) and Carl Peter (21/6 1830-26/6 1830). I haven't located the second birth, but Carl Peter was born and died at Fröllinge in Getinge parish. CF Isberg was Inspector (manager/bailiff) on this manor, which is one of the most stately in central Halland, and he held this position at the time of the marriage. Ingeborg is called Jungfru (Maiden) in list of marriages, which obviously reflects her social position since she must have been pregnant at the time. I've seen Dygdädla Jungfru (m. of virtues) used for brides who weren't due within 9m of the wedding.

CF Isberg is not at Fröllinge in 1820, but I've got no further clues on his whereabouts up to 1830. There are quite a number of manors in central Halland, and I think it's likely that he found work at one of them. The father, Hans Isberg, is called jägare in 1783. This could mean a soldier, but I rather think it means hunter/manager of wild prey at a manor (Axelvold or more likely Knutstorp i Kågeröd parish). This puts the family in close service of the noble owners of the manors. Could it be the grandfather Elfwer/Ilfwer Isberg who remarries in Kågeröd 1785? The man in the list is Ladufogde, which is a similar title to Inspector (see www.ddss.nu for a database on marriages and births in Skåne).

The man who definitely is the grandfather is married in 1757 in Brönnestad parish. He is skytt (rifleman = soldier) at Hofdala castle. The greatgrandfather seems to have been a Jeppe/Jeppa Isberg who was ryttare (cavallery soldier), b 1695, married Matteröd parish 1718. The origin of the name thus seems to be a soldier's name (or perhaps even older).