NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2006-12-24

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2006-12-24
Skrivet av: Anne-Lee Wilson skrivet 2006-12-23, 21:32
Hej allihopa!

Roligt att läsa vad ni skrivit!
Vänligen säg till om ni vill ha något ifrån texterna på engelska översatt till svenska.

Lena,ja här är det jul iallafall juldagen som gäller men hur det är i andra länder vet jag inte så mycket om.

Att ordet X-mas är nästan lika gammalt som kristendomen visste jag inte förrän för någon dag sen då de talade om det på History Channel på tv.

Min make, som är engelsklärare,kanske kan svara på i vilken omfattning orden(som Christian undrade över)”yule”, ”yuletide” och ”yule log” används i engelskspåkiga länder.
Jag återkommer med det!
Har hittat lite historia bakom ordet Yule(mfl. ord)på Wikipedia:

Yule is the winter solstice celebration of the Scandinavian Norse mythology and Germanic pagans. In Neopaganism, this celebration is largely reconstructed to various extents by various groups. In Wicca, a form of the holiday is observed as one of the eight solar holidays, or sabbats, where Yule is celebrated on the winter solstice: in the northern hemisphere, circa December 21, and in the southern hemisphere, circa June 21.
Yule and Yuletide (also see Yalda) are also archaic terms for Christmas, sometimes invoked in songs to provide atmosphere. Indeed, this is the only meaning of Yule accepted by either the full Oxford English Dictionary or the Concise Oxford Dictionary, and people unfamiliar with ancient Norse mythology's pagan traditions will not distinguish between Yule (Joul) and Christmas. This usage survives in the term Yule log; it may also persist in some Scottish dialects. In Denmark, Norway and Sweden the term jul is still the most common way to express Christmas, as well as joulu in Finland and j?ulud in Estonia.

Rolf,roligt att du är präst med otraditionella favoriter ibland våra julsånger!
Ditt julbord skulle jag gärna kommit och smakat på om jag inte var så långt iväg!

Här i USA är det mycket tal om olika religioner och firande vid jul.
Mest hör man om judarnas Chanukka men även om den färgade befolkningens högtid Kwanzaa som inte är religiös men hör julen till.
Här är lite info angående historien om Kwanzaa, ifrån History Channel:

Kwanzaa
Kwanzaa is a non-religious African American holiday which celebrates family, community, and culture. It is celebrated for seven days: December 26 - January 1.
The name Kwanzaa is derived from the phrase matunda ya kwanza which means first fruits in Swahili.  The kinara is the center of the Kwanzaa setting and represents the original stalk from which we came: our ancestry.

Om Chanukka kan ni läsa mer om på:
Historia om Chanukka

Julhälsningar,
Anne-Lee.

(https://forum.rotter.se/discus/messages/22540/98935.gif)