NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 28 september, 2005

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 28 september, 2005
Skrivet av: Ann Little skrivet 2004-02-10, 17:29
Hi Mary,

Do you know of Hans Högman's Website? If not, go to http://www.algonet.se/~hogman/slaekt.htm
Should you experience problems in finding the site (as I did a little while ago),I suggest that you use Google and search on Hans Högman.

Once you have got through to the site, click on In English please, which you will find near the bottom of the left hand column. The next page will give you various choices; click on A summary of the Allotment system which is in English. It makes very interesting reading and I think you'll get the answers to some of your questions.

Whilst I was looking at the site, I noticed that in the 18th century, a new soldier should be between 18 and 36 years old. Also, in 1775, it was decided that he must be 175cm tall. However, during the war with Russia between 1788-1790 , it was lowered to 167cm as there was a great need for more soliders.

In the year 1819, the maximum age-limit for new recruits was lowered to 30 years, and in 1871 it was lowered further still, to 25 years.

Kind regards,
Ann Little