NULL Skriv ut sidan - Mossebo AI:1 (1774-1834)

Anbytarforum

Titel: Mossebo AI:1 (1774-1834)
Skrivet av: Anneli Isaksson skrivet 2016-03-13, 11:55
Eli,

During the 1900th century the soldiers very often got a speciell soldiername, a one syllable word connected to plants, animals or a positive soldier quality, like Elg (Moose), Björk (Birch), Stark (Strong), Frisk  (Healthy). Your soldier name Gadd means (Sting). It was easier for the commander to say just Gadd, Frisk and so on instead of Nilsson, Andersson, Larsson and Johansson.

I don't know if they selected the name themselves or it was given. It was in any case given when the same name followed the soldierhome. The next soldier got the same name even if they wasn't related to each others.  

Magnus Nilsson Gadd was the only one with this name at Öreryd's soldierhome. There is one more with the same name Gadd, Håkan Gadd in the same regiment earlier, but no relationship as far as I can see.

I can also tell you that when Nils Roth came with his family to Dalen in Mossebo in 1831, the parish Dalstorp promised to take the family back if they didn't manage to support themselves. (Mossebo AI:1 (1774-1834) AD online image 342/page 31) (Dalstorp KI:4 (1827-1854) AD online image 11/page.15)

N.B. Tomorrow Anbytarforum closes for a short period so no answers for a while if you have more questions. You can always email me directly, just click on my name to the left.

Regards,

Anneli