NULL Skriv ut sidan - Broddetorp - Födelse - 1721 - Sid 297

Anbytarforum

Titel: Broddetorp - Födelse - 1721 - Sid 297
Skrivet av: Martha Wolf skrivet 2014-09-26, 04:34
Hi Peter,
I apologize for the delay. Many unexpected things happened this week.

Thank you for the suggestions.  I realized afterwards that I should have written the text in Swedish as it appeared on my screen.  Are you familiar with Ambiörn and Inge? Or with any of the other families in that area of Skaraborg?

I puzzled over this passage for a long time (months) thinking it was fafa for farfar, but then realized that the first and third letters were not the same. I think it is possible it is fahr for far with an added h as often happened in many words and names in the days of flexible spelling. I would assume it was the responsibility of the eldest living son to arrange for the burial of a parent and since Inge's son Ambiörn was living in Bolum/Broddetorp that would make the passage make sense. Otherwise I suppose the clerk could have made an error. The handwriting is so bad - a single letter not being written the same way twice in two lines - that I conclude it was written by the clerk rather than the Priest.

Is there a special significance in being buried on the east side of the church?  I've read many hundreds of Swedish death records and have never seen that designation before, but I see it occurs several times on the same page. I find it very strange that that would be added. Ätterfaders kyrka  (ancestral church) makes a lot more sense in context, to me since it explains why Inge was buried there. Is it also typical of records in this part of Skaraborg to say, after saying that the person was buried, that he is in his grave or just of this particular clerk? Actually, I've seen a number of death records from this part of Skaraborg that did not have these peculiarities.

I do hope someone can decipher the place name as that is probably the most informative part of the record.

Thank you again,

Martha