NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 01 oktober, 2008

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 01 oktober, 2008
Skrivet av: Chris Bingefors skrivet 2008-08-20, 07:18
I am not familiar with the area but today there is a place called Hagen (not a very unusual name) which is near Deje in Nedre Ullerud. I cannot find it in the parish books however, it may have belonged to another parish. There is also a parish called Övre (meaning Upper) Ullerud, there are no birth books archived for 1829.

I have found Johannes, he moves from the parish in Värmland called Stora Kil! In daily talk that would have been Kihl as well. Stora Kil is close to Ullerud. There he is working at a farm called Ekenäs and his name is Johannes Jonsson. (Household census 1851-1855, page 610), in the previous book he is recorded as having arrived from Nedre Ullerud 1852. This is where we run into problems, about 20 % of all men in that parish seem to have a name that could be interpreted as some variation of Johannes Jonsson. One likely candidate is listed as number 8 for 1852 in the moving out records (second part of book BI:1), I think it says he moves to Kihln (probably Stora Kihl) and that he comes from Qvarnt(orp), modern spelling: Kvarntorp. I have not found him in the household census which is a bit messy.

To locate the records for his father you would have to know where he lived, the soldiers were, for the most part, kept by a group of farms who provided a cottage and kit for the man. He would most probably had a soldier´s name (surname) and be called Jonas as his first name. IF he was in Nedre Ullerud his regiment may have been Närke, later Värmland and the company Allsters company. The generalmönsterrullor (military records) are avalable in the data base SVAR (www.svar.ra.se). But they are heavy to read! According to the cetral soldier´s register, soldiers called Jonas in Nedre Ullerud (2) lived at Skarsjötorp rote (rote=military area responsible for soldier). Their solder´s name was Skarman or Skans. You can learn more about soldiers at http://www.algonet.se/~hogman/soldiers_research.htm