NULL Skriv ut sidan - Gotland & Halla-Carlsson, Carlqvist, Enequist, Gardelius, Gardese, Larsdotter, Nygren, Wallander, Wiman

Anbytarforum

Titel: Gotland & Halla-Carlsson, Carlqvist, Enequist, Gardelius, Gardese, Larsdotter, Nygren, Wallander, Wiman
Skrivet av: Jan Scott skrivet 2005-02-05, 07:50
Kay -

Thank you for the information!  I have been to Gotland, Sweden, twice and you are correct, the Landsarkivet in Visby, has all the archive records for Gotland.

I have been to the archives and had them do a lookup on my family, while I was there.  If you visit Sweden, the archives does not charge you, as long as you have made the trip to Sweden.  If you mailed them a letter, from the USA, wanting a lookup, they would have to charge you.

Also, since your researcher was in Sweden, they would not charge him either.

I received the following note from a man named Lars today - I hope he is reading this response --- he was so wonderful to send a note to me stating the following:

>>There is a man, Olle Överby, who has collected families from Gotland for a long time. Luckilly he is of that type that shares.

On his home page,  
http://hem.passagen.se/ollove/indexeng.html, you can find a gedcom file with more than 150 000 names from Gotland. It is compressed to a zip-file that you can download.