NULL Skriv ut sidan - Gotland & Halla-Carlsson, Carlqvist, Enequist, Gardelius, Gardese, Larsdotter, Nygren, Wallander, Wiman

Anbytarforum

Titel: Gotland & Halla-Carlsson, Carlqvist, Enequist, Gardelius, Gardese, Larsdotter, Nygren, Wallander, Wiman
Skrivet av: Kay Engman skrivet 2005-02-03, 23:48
Jan,

Just a suggestion-   If you know that your “Tekla Klara Johanna Carlsson (bn. Aug. 1, 1912)” was once living in Stora Velinge in Buttle, Gotland, have you tried asking someone on this list to check the Death CD for her name and death info?  If she is on there and you can get the death date and place, I have read on this site that you can email the regional archives and request they send you a copy of the “bouppteckning” or estate settlement, a legal document on which will be listed all the surviving heirs.  If her twin daughters were still living, they would be listed there under their married names along with their address at the time.  You could write to them and see if they are still there.

Check here for addresses of the regional archives in Sweden:
http://www.foark.umu.se/infosok/adr_stat.htm
(I think you would want “landsarkivet@landsarkivet-visby.ra.se” for Gotland records.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

A few years ago I hired a researcher in Sweden who got some of those bouppteckning documents for me (for deceased third cousins) and he did not have to pay anything for them to be sent to him.

Kay